iXam is a webbased assessment system with special focus on the needs of chemistry education.
The system is based on LibreEOL - Exams On Line and extended with the following question types:
- Random Numeric: Questions are prepared using random values within the question text, e.g. "0.26 g of sodium oxalate is dissolved in a flask and requires 30.74 mL of potassium permanganate (from a buret) to titrate it and cause it to turn pink (the end point). What is the molarity of the potassium permanganate?" - The weight of sodium oxalate and the volume of potassium permanganate get different values for every candidate/test
- Chemical Equations: using a rich text editor candidates can enter equations for redox reactions or ion equations like "NH4+ + B(OH)4- + HCl → NH4Cl + B(OH)2 + H2O" - the system can match against given answers, even if they are written in different order
In addition we have the following features:
- Authentication agains university credentials
- Different templates/layouts are possible to comply the corporate identity
- Test reports as PDF-files to candidates or examiner
- unattended videomonitoring of the test-session using BigBlueButton, with analysis for cheating situations by face recognition
If you are interested in iXam or would like to run a demo test please contact me by email at email@example.com.